Bài tập Tiếng Anh lớp 8 Unit 4: Our Past
website.com đã chọn lọc và tổng hợp Bài tập trắc nghiệm tiếng Anh lớp 8 Unit 4: Our Past có đáp án giúp các em vừa ôn tập, hệ thống lại kiến thức môn học, vừa tích lũy kinh nghiệm, kỹ năng cần thiết để giải các dạng bài tập. Tin rằng, khi chuyên cần luyện giải các bài tập này, các em sẽ ngày càng tiến bộ trong môn học, thêm tự tin để bước vào các kỳ kiểm tra, thi.
Bài tập Tiếng Anh lớp 8 Unit 4: Our Past Số 1
Từ vựng – Ngữ pháp Tiếng Anh lớp 8 Unit 4: Our past
Bài tập tự luận Tiếng Anh lớp 8 Unit 4: Our Past (Quá khứ của chúng ta)
Choose the word that has the underlined part is pronounced differently from the others.
1. A. match B. pan C. transmit D. safety
2. A. equipment B. upset C. end D. help
3. A. folk B. hold C. photo D. neighbor
4. A. fairy B. train C. afraid D. wait
5. A. excited B. prince C. once D. escape
Choose the word or phrase that best completes each unfinished sentence below.
6. Yesterday, I _________to the cinema with some friends of mine.
A. go B. will go C. went D. has go
7. Mozart was born in Salzburg _________1756.
A. in B. on C. at D. since
8. _________Saturday night, I went to bed _________11 o’clock.
A. At/ at B. On/ at C. In/ on D. at/ on
9. I used _________fishing when I was young.
A. enjoy B. to enjoy C. enjoying D. to enjoying
10. It’s hard for Ann to look_________three children all day.
A. after B. before C. about D. at
11. I can’t stand people who are cruel_________animals.
A. with B. to C. on D. about
12. He died_________a heart attack a few years ago.
A. with B. of C. because D. by
13. The sun suddenly _________from behind a cloud.
A. appear B. appeared C. disappear D. disappeared
14. An oil_________burned in the darkness.
A. lamb B. lamp C. lam D. lame
15. He was late, but fortunatelyhis friends waited for him.
A. luckily B. magically C. cruelly D. lately
16. His wife _________five years ago.
A. die B. died C. dies D. was dying
17. We usually open our presents_________midnight.
A. in B. at C. on D. when
18. _________Thanksgiving Day, families come together for a special dinner.
A. In B. At C. On D. When
19. Where _________before moving here?
A. did you use to live B. did you use
C. used you to live D. used to you
20. She is dying_________cancer.
A. with B. of C. because of D. by
21. The frog changed_________a handsome prince.
A. in B. to C. into D. from
22. The committee decided _________the offer.
A. to accept B. for accepting C. accepting D. accept
23. His wife gave birth to a_________a few days ago.
A. daughter B. niece C. nephew D. children
24. The dead have nothing to _________by telling the truth.
A. loose B. lose C. loss D. lost
25. He’s getting very excited about his holiday.
A. eager B. funny C. worried D. pleased
Choose the underlined part that needs correction.
26. Bob lived in Rome for three years; now he was living in Amsterdam. A B C D
27. There used to be a movie theater here but it close a long time ago. A B C D
28. My sister uses to play tennis a lot but she doesn’t play very often now.
A B C D
29. We took all the rubbish outside and burn it.
A B C D
30. How could you be so cruel with someone who never did you any harm?
A B C D
Choose the word (a, b, c, or d) that best fits each of the blank spaces.
One day, two men (21) _____ in the woods. Suddenly, they saw a huge black bear. One man immediately (22) _____ down, took off his backpack, and took out his sneakers. He began (23) ______ off his hiking boots. The other man looked (24) _____ him and said, “Are you crazy? Do you think you can run (25) ______ than that bear?” “No,” replied the first man. “But I can run faster than you!”
take off (phrv): cởi (giày… ) sneakers (n): giày chạy bộ hiking boots (n): giày đi bộ
31. A. hiked B. are hiking C. was hiking D. were hiking
32. A. sits B. sited C. sitted D. sat
33. A. take B. taking C. to take D. B & C
34. A. on B. at C. for D. after
35. A. fast B. fastly C. faster D. more fast
Read the following passage and choose the best answers to each of the questions below.
In Scotland, there is a popular legend about a monster. The monster lives in a lake called Loch Ness, near the town of Inverness. Loch Ness is 32 km long, 5 km wide, and very, very deep. The monster’s name is Nessie. People say that she is very big, and that she has got a long neck, like a snake.
The legend of the monster is very famous, and millions of tourists from all over the world come to Loch Ness. Everybody wants to be the first person to see Nessie. Come to Scotland and Loch Ness _ that person may be you!
legend (n): truyền thuyết/ monster (n): quái vật
36. What does the word ‘popular’ in the first line mean?
A. ancient B. modern C. famous D. interesting
37. What is the length of Loch Ness?
A. 32 km B. 5 km C. very deep D. no information
38. Which of the following does the word ‘she’ in line 3 refer to?
A. legend B. Loch Ness C. the monster D. the town
39. The tourists want to _________.
A. hear about the monster B. swim in the lake
C. be the first person to see the monster D. catch the monster
40. Which of the following is not true?
A. The name of the monster is Nessie.
B. The lake where the monster lives is near the town of Inverness.
C. Millions of tourists saw Nessie.
D. The lake where the monster lives is in Scotland.